Saturday, May 19, 2007

VROC Alice's for Lunch 05 19 07

The pics are from bottom to top. The text for a pic is under the pic. Click on a pic for a much larger pic. Cranky

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was still waiting for the Happy Wanderer.... I knew he'd feel bad about missing us. I talked to the waitress, said that he would be here soon and that he'd want to make up for missing us, and I asked her to hold the bill for him.

They cater to bikers so she said fine and stuck it on the wall. I told her he had a GORGEOUS Scoot! I showed her mine and said it looks almost as good as my sweet Ruby!!! GBG

So Rick and Grant headed down 84 to 280, Grant wanted to run down to San Jose to Road Rider, the one fantastic motorcycle store!! If you're in San Jose, you hafta look it up!!! OK, it doesn't have motorcycles, just stuff for motorcycles and riders, no bikes.

Gar and I headed back 35. I let him talk me into (OK, I asked him if I could tag along) riding all the way to 17 on 35. He did let on that there was a section that was a one lane road. Now we all know that means a narrow two lane road....

HOLY #@)%*#$)%!#)$%!#*)$ !!!! That road had cork screws, every which way but loose and it was on lane wide!!! Blind curves, down and up!!! We met a couple idiots (like us) and one of us had to take the shoulder, Ruby don't do no !)$%!$)*% shoulders.
The (small) moving van was a grin too!! Did I say #!$%*&!_%*_%!*)????!!! GBG

OK, I DID thank Gar for not getting us killed and leading the way thru that ..... words don't get it, road. I have only been on one road, and that was a goat path around Sausilito, that was worse, and I'm now questioning THAT. The beauty of it was, it's in the Santa Cruz mountains, and when you could look, the view was gorgeous!!! The road was gorgeous!!!




All the time I kept looking for that Happy Wanderer... I KNEW he would not miss Alice's for lunch!!! Anyway, bellies full and kicking back. Great food! Grant figured out a secret! He and Rick had breakfast, a little before 2pm, and that's when they shut off serving breakfast.... they got huge servings!! Guess they were trying to clear the griddle!!
Grant, Gar and Rick saying AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!



The rest threatened a food fight if they didn't get into the pic..... I think there was a bit of "ham" also!!! GBSEG Rick (hamming it up), Gar and Grant



I was hungry but then someone said "I thought all VROC rides stared with a pic of the food!!!??? So in the best of VROC.... a little late... GBG Sherm and Don VSP THIS shot if for YOU!!! GBG



Well, we were all there about 1 and waited a bit 'cause I KNEW Paul would be there, he would NOT miss this!!! We finally got hungry and he could join us later.... A view of the eating area...



Well, it looked like a nice day that Paul (Happy Wanderer) Shoop picked out for a ride to Alice's for lunch! So I got gassed and off up 9 to 35. I debated on the nylon liner in my mesh jacket, and the leather gloves, but I know up on top of the hill it can get some funny weather.

Got up to 35 and someone turned on the air conditioner!!! The further up 35 I went, the colder it got and then started driving thru fog. At some points it was so foggy that the trees had gotten saturated and I got rained on!!! Needless to say, the leather gloves and liner were a blessing.

But lo and behold, Alice's was a 'ting 'a 'beauty!!! Cool, but sunny. You can see Ruby off to the left flying the 3x5. I told folks that would be my marker. Grant showed up from Santa Rosa, Gar from Soquel and Rick from Saratoga.. Were o'where was the Happy Wanderer???!!!

No comments: